Thursday, October 17, 2013

Urchin Hunt


Hello! Today I'm gonna share with you photos of sea urchin shells that I found during a walk in the grassy beach of Stilts in Calatagan, Batangas. 

Beach finds ;)

Sea Urchins are extra thorny, when alive, so I got the dead ones (I didn't want to get peed on because of urchin sting).  

Cleaning them up before we go back to Manila.

Finding one was such a thrill! I felt like I was doing an easter egg hunt, except I was looking for shells, underneath sea grass, that also housed sea cucumbers and sea snakes (scary!).

I love their rustic colors.

Anyway, these things are so cute. I took home so many of them. Some I gave as gifts while the rest i placed in a small basin, and displayed them as the centre piece of our living room. I think they're bored just sitting there so I might do some of the urchin shell crafts that I found in Grains of Earth.

Giving them a sun bath before I put them in my plastic bag.

I love looking at sea urchins. They remind me of sunny beach days with the whole family. :)


-Y


No comments:

Post a Comment